Marci and I both had the chance to take our families to the Circus last week and boy were we impressed! We had seats close to the stage and could see it all. This was the first time that my husband or the kids had been to the circus. My mom said I went when I was younger but I don’t remember. So, this was new for me too. There were so many things to look at all at one time. When I watched my little one I could just see his eyes dart to and fro not knowing what to look at! The favorite part seemed to be the motorcycles that went into the circle cage. That was pretty awesome. My little one also like the elephants when they came marching in.
Mini Me sat on Daddy’s lap the whole time just mesmerized. That’s saying a lot for keeping a 3 year olds attention for 2 hours! Both of our husbands were not looking forward to going, not at all. But afterwards they both freely admitted that really did enjoy it and would go back next time! Thanks Ringling Bros. for such a great experience!
About the Show:
- - Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson returns with a mesmerizing cast along with his sidekick Nano, the keeper of P. T. Barnum’s book of success.
- - It’s elephantastic! …..100,000 pounds of pachyderm performers!
- - From Argentina, the fangtastic felines of Daniel Raffo – it’s tigerrific!
- - Mind-blowing body benders from Argentina, Cuba, Mongolia, and Ukraine
- - On speeding Motorcycles in the steel globe, from Paraguay, the amazing Torres Family
- - High atop the tight wire, the Sky High Ice Gliders in daring feats of balance
- - Amazing acrobatics from the Russian Asadullin troupe and Romanian Trupe Fantasy
- - Awesome feats of strength from Mongolia’s Mighty Meetal
- - In the apex of the arena, breathtaking motorcycle on the high wire with Alex and Gleice
- - The innovative double-level flying trapeze extravaganza from the Flying Caceres
- - America’s own Andre McClain and his FUNomenal four footed friends
- - Hungarian born Vickie Zsilak and her magnificent miniature ponies
- - From Puyang, China, trampoline artistry extraordinaire with the Barnum Bouncers
- - High stepping dancing stilt walkers from Trinidad
- - Cascading comedy from Ringling Bros. famous Clown Alley
- - The All Access Pre-Show interactive experience
- - And so much more…….
Did You Know:
- - There are 130 performers, plus a nine-member live band. Collectively, the cast of
- BARNUM 200 represents several thousand years of performing experience.
- - To accommodate the many families traveling with the show, a nursery, day care and traveling school are part of each Ringling Bros touring unit. The school students have a field trip in a different city each week.
- - It takes about 16 hours to set up the entire show for the first performance in each city, and about 8 hours to take it down on move out night.
- - Our traveling animal care team, which includes veterinarians, vet technicians, trainers, groomers and handlers, provide nutritious meals and ensure safe, comfortable environments 24/7 for all of the animals in the care of Ringling Bros.
- - The 61 cars on the Blue Unit Train include: 4 animal stock cars, 32 coaches, 2 concession storage cars, 19 flat bed cars, 1 pie car, 2 generator cars and 1 shop car.
- - During rehearsals, it takes 5 microphones and a team of translators in order for the creative team to communicate every detail of direction and choreography to the multilingual cast and crew. Each direction is delivered in Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, English, and Spanish
- - Uniquely inspired by the athletic stars of The Greatest Show On Earth and the daredevil stunts they perform, CircusFit® is a national fitness program from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey that encourages America’s youth to lead healthy, active lifestyles by combining the fun of circus skills with stretching, strength building and aerobic exercise. To learn more about the FUNdamentals of Fitness visit www.CircusFit.com
On the All Access Pre-show:
An hour before show time, audiences can join Ringling Bros. talented performers and learn new circus skills at the All Access Pre-show, FREE with your ticket!
At the Free All Access Pre-show, Ringling Bros. acrobats, clowns and other accomplished athletic performers show young and old alike an awe-inspiring and action-packed approach to daily health and fitness.
- - Audience members can get up close and personal with Ringling Bros. performers to take photos, get autographs and learn circus skills at the All Access Pre-show.
- - Circus-goers can meet some of Ringling Bros. majestic animals, see a pachyderm paint a portrait and learn more about Ringling Bros. commitment to elephant conservation at the All Access Pre-show.
- - The All Access Pre-show is the only place where you can register for a chance to win a masterpiece created by one of Ringling Bros. artistic Asian elephants.
SHOW TIMES FOR CINCINNATI:
U.S. Bank Arena Cincinnati, Ohio
- Show Dates: Show Time:
- Fri, Mar 18 7:00PM
- Sat, Mar 19 11:00AM, 3:00PM, 7:00PM
- Sun, Mar 20 1:00PM
Disclosure: I was provided with tickets for this review. All views and opinions with regard to the products or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company. All photos are copyright protected ®.