Kids Eat Free Nights are typically where my Husband, Daughter and I tend to head if we need a night out. Our fav is Tuesday night at Texas Roadhouse. The tiny girl gets to eat for $.99, gets to see a clown and receive a funny shaped balloon…needless to say, she loves it!
One of the ways to save on dining out is actually right now! Many restaurants are offering Bonus Cards during the holiday season. Basically, the restaurant will give you a bonus card when you purchase a gift card/certificate for a certain dollar amount.
Several other tips for saving at restaurants:
- - Order water, this will save you up to $2 per person and is oh so much healthier!
- - Use Restaurant.com if you are looking for a night out with friends or date night. Be sure to look for details in regards to redeeming the gift certificate. These often go on sale for $2 and when they do pick up a gift certifcate to the site. That way you are able to print the certificate off as you need them. These also make great gifts!
- - Purchase local coupon books from your children’s school. These often have Buy 1 Get 1 FREE coupons for some great local eateries like Great Scott and a great way to try those mom and pop restaurants.
- - Instead of tucking the Reach or Super Shopping magazines in the junk drawer, throw them in the car! This is a great tip especially if you tend to eat out at work. When you find coupons that you can use for lunch stick them in a envelope and take them into work.
- - Sign up for your favorite restaurants newsletters or emails, they periodically send out discounts to their loyal customers. Once you begin signing up you’ll receive a plethora of coupons for FREE appetizers and desserts. This is also a great way to save on those “birthday dinners” because the restaurant will send you a Happy Birthday email with a FREE appetizer or dessert!
- - Go for a carry out order instead of eating in. That will save on a tip and the temptation of drinks, appetizers and dessert.
- - If you find something on the dinner menu, more than likely if you ask for a lunch potion they will do it.
- - Don’t let leftovers go to waste. The family pet might like it or try to create the leftovers into a new creation for lunch the next day. I do this all the time with left over hamburger and chicken!
- - If you area senior or AAA member don’t be afraid to let them know that you want your discount!
- - Go in at Happy Hour for discounted alcoholic drinks and appetizers.
- - If a younger child is going to be joining you at dinner, let them eat some of your dinner. We do this all the time as Mini Me gets distracted with all the chaos she doesn’t eat.
- - Order from the kids menu. Believe it or not many restaurants will let me order off the adult menu. I do this frequently at Texas Roadhouse and Longhorn because I simply can’t eat all that meat!
- - If you are a LaRosa’s fan, be sure to ask your server how to obtain a Buddy Card! This will save you a great deal of money.
- - Do you have a smartphone? If so, download those coupon apps!!!