Update – 8/21/12 – 4:29 PM
It’s true! Cincinnati area Dollar Tree stores and stores across the nation will begin to accept coupons. The official Dollar Tree Coupon Policy can be found here. Here’s what it looks like:
IN-STORE COUPON ACCEPTANCE: GUIDELINES & LIMITATIONS
DOLLAR TREE WILL ACCEPT COUPONS IN STORES BEGINNING SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2012
- Only original and intact manufacturers’ coupons will be accepted. Retailer-specific coupons will not be accepted. Meaning you can’t use a Target or Walgreens, etc. store coupon.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, or if they have been altered in any way. You should know this!
- Only two (2) print-at-home Internet coupons may be redeemed per transaction. You may have to do separate transactions and go to the end of the line to do so!
- We are unable to accept coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements or where the amount for the product is blank. Pretty self explanatory. You can’t use a coupon to receive X for FREE, including BOGO (Buy One Get One) coupons.
- Coupons can only be used in stores and must be presented at time of purchase. Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash at a later time. You can’t come back to the store because you simply forgot to give a coupon or found one at a later time.
- Coupons will not be accepted without the purchase of the item specified and are subject to the terms listed (e.g. expiration date, size, limitations, quantity, etc.). You should be doing this anyhow.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for more than the purchase price of the item. You won’t be allowed overage.
- Only one (1) manufacturer’s coupon will be accepted per item. There’s no combining of coupons.
- Management has the right to refuse any coupon or otherwise limit quantities. Just like any other store!
This is going to change the way that we coupon for the better! I’ll have matchups as soon as they become available 😉 When using coupons at the Dollar Tree be sure to check the specifics on the details. These stores often carry weird sizes so we want to make sure we are using the coupons on the correct items.