Walmart has made some changes to their layaway program that will begin on September 14, 2012. Here’s the changes that have been made:
- An expanded list of eligible categories: including small home appliances and select sporting goods such as basketball goals, trampolines and large exercise equipment. Customers can also use layaway for a broad selection of electronics, toys and jewelry.
- Early layaway access for shoppers who like their local Walmart store on Facebook. Customers simply need to sign up on their local Walmart Facebook page beginning August 28 to be able to start their layaway two days early on Sept. 14.
- A full refund of the layaway open fee ($15) given on a Walmart gift card for customers who make their final payment.
An overview of the Walmart Layaway Program:
- Toys, Electronics, small appliances, select sporting goods (basketball goals, trampolines, etc.), large exercise equipment & jewlery
- Price of item must be $15 +
- Price of total order must be $50 +
- Must put at least 10% down payment on layaway or $10, whichever is greater
- $15 Service fee, receive $15 Walmart Gift Card when layaway is paid
- If order is cancelled, Walmart will NOT refund the opening fee
- Layaway program runs from September 16-December 15, 2012