During these tough economic times we are all struggling to pull it together. There are several ways that you can earn extra income from the comfort of your own home, as well as doing mystery shops and participate in local research studies.
Work from Home Positions
While these work from home jobs won’t make you rich, they’ll at least kick you enough money to pay a bill every month.
- ChaCha, before I started the website I did ChaCha for a few months. I loved being able to answer some of the “off the wall” questions and was able to make a few bucks at it. The sign up process was a little dreadful, but, all in all was a decent way to earn a few extra bucks.
- Call Center Representative – You will have to do your home work here. But, there are several companies like 1-800 Flowers that will allow you to work from home, taking phone calls that come into their call centers.
- Sell online – Do you have things that you just don’t use anymore? My motto is if you haven’t worn it in 6 months, get rid of it! If it’s been in storage for a year or more, get rid of it! You can sell on Craigslist for FREE and also Ebay will charge you a small fee. If you make items that friends and family rave about, start a FREE online store at Big Cartel.
- Virtual Assistant – Many small businesses (like Cincinnati Coupons, LLC.) are looking for virtual assistants. Your job may entail dealing with customer emails, fulfilling orders from your home or even just posting articles.
Cincinnati Research Studies
If time is on your side, consider signing up with your local research studies. You will be compensated for your time and travel (most of time, paid same day as study!), get the “know” on products and tell your opinion to help improve products that you use every day!
- J&R Coordinating – this place has been around for years. I remember when I was in girl scouts we did a orange juice study for them!
- P&G Consumer Village – We are so blessed to have one of the largest companies in our own backyard. Take advantage and sign up for the P&G Consumer Village. There facilities are really nice and easy to get to.
- QFact Research – often has diaper and formula studies. So if you have a infant, be sure to add yourself to their list.
- Various Views Research – This has got to be the friendly group of people I’ve ever worked with.
If you like to dine out you may consider signing up to become a Mystery Shopper. I have personally used Feedback Plus in the past. It’s a little fun knowing you are going to do a report on the performance of the restaurant! I’ve done several mystery shops for Longhorn and Steak n Shake.
Online Survey Sites
Quickly after I started the website, I stopped doing Online Surveys simply because there were a lot of them! My inbox was quickly getting filled while I didn’t have the time to keep up with them. I have personally made money with all three companies listed below and know they are legit.
American Consumer Opinion Panel – Must have $5 in account to request payout.
My Survey – Super fun surveys!
Opinion Outpost – This is one that you will receive emails from every day. I cashed in $66 in a little over 2 months.
Cash Back Sites
If you shop online you’ll wanna sign up for cash back sites like ShopAtHome.com and Ebates.com. For being a new member you will receive a $5 Sign Up Bonus in your account if you make a purchase within 60-90 days. You’ll also earn cash back on purchases that you make for clicking through to the site. I made $22 just for doing my online shopping during Black Friday!
The last piece of advice for ways to make money is to use SwagBucks. If you search the internet with a search engine like Google, you’ve gotta sign up for SwagBucks. You simply earn SwagBucks when you search the internet, install the toolbar and keep your eyes peeled for Swag Codes. Then you redeem your points for rewards such as gift cards to Target or Amazon or even payment via PayPal. I can’t tell you the amount of rewards I’ve gotten from SwagBucks!
What are some ways that you make a few extra bucks?
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. By clicking through you are supporting Cincinnati Coupons, LLC and we Thank You!