This is a guest post written by Mindy Clairbel. Mindy runs MyCCFinder, a website that offers several Online Coupons promo codes, and hot deals on just about everything.
We are always looking for ways to save money and to make our dollar go farther. If that is one of your New Year’s Resolutions, it’s a great one to have! Being wise with your money will allow you much more freedom, and is a great lifestyle change to make.
This New Year, really look at how you make, spend, and invest your money. Find ways to become even more frugal and to make even more money off your money. For starters, here are a few ways you can save money throughout the New Year.
- 1.) Carpool: Looking for a way to save money while helping the planet? Try carpooling! Whether you carpool to work, or you carpool with your neighbor to do grocery shopping and run your errands, it’s a great way to save money!
- 2.) Cook more often: Try to avoid going out to eat so often. Instead, go grocery shopping with your coupons, and shop for items on sale. Once you’ve done that, make your meals at home. Cutting back just $20 a week can help you save over $1,000 a year! Not to mention, you’ll probably lose a couple pounds in the process!
- 3.) Cost free hobbies: Some of the most entertaining hobbies are free! So, try to take a look at your hobbies and find ways to have fun for free. Whether you go for walks with the family, to the park to play catch with your kids, or you just play simple board games at home, you can have fun without spending a lot of money!
- 4.) Bills: Take a look at your bills and find ways to cut the cost. Simple things like getting rid of your HD channels, cutting your cell phone bill by 300 minutes, or just getting a programmable thermostat to kick in only when you’re home are great ways to save!
- 5.) Avoid the unnecessary: It’s important to really think about everything you buy, before you buy it. Ask yourself, “Do I need this and am I going to use this?” Avoid buying the unnecessary things like Starbucks coffee before work every morning, or that new shirt for $80. Find the best deals you can, and avoid buying the things you’ll never use!
There are millions of ways to save money if you’re creative! By best advice to you is to take a look at what you buy, and to just look at your receipts. Ask yourself, could I have bought this for cheaper, and ask if you really needed the things you just bought. It’s important to put our wants behind our needs, and to find out where most of our money goes so we can avoid that continuation.